FC5 - Intel 82801G - High Definition Audio

Marcel Groner groner at puzzle.ch
Mon May 1 11:35:10 UTC 2006

Hi Andy

Thanks for your post. I tried the following but it still doesn't work:

changed my /etc/modprobe.conf to:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=laptop-eapd
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ;
}; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel position_fix=1

do you have the same configuration? (except the single_cmd option, see
below)

single_cmd option

options snd-hda-intel index=0 single_cmd=1 model=laptop-eapd

I got the message (dmesg) that single_cmd could not be found in
snd-hda-intel driver.

with original FC5 alsa drivers (1.0.11-4.rc2) I still get this high
frequency tone and if I upgrade to 1.0.11-1.rc4.FC5.test there is no
sound at all. What kind of alsa-build did u use and where did you get it?

Marcel