fedora-package-announce at redhat.com message ?

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Wed May 3 23:35:16 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> I've not just you.  I've not gotten anything either, even though the
> list archives show a total of 7 messages as recently as yesterday.
>
> This entire transition seems to be rather poorly handled.

"poorly handled" =  change methodology at the 11th hour:

Last week an announcement announced announcements would be sent to a new
list, but not to worry - everybody currently subscribed would be
auto-subscribed to the new list.... It was advance warning, giving time
to set up mail filters etc... great! I changed my mail filters and waited.

Today, I learn there's been 7 new messages, none of which I received,
because I missed the announcement that said "no, we changed our mind...
auto-subscribing people could be considered spam". (Um, not really....
not if the CONTENT isn't changing)

But... hey, I'm easy going... no worries... my filters are set up, I'm
subscribed... all I need now is an announcement to confirm my filters
are correct. Any day now....