OT: nut questions

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu May 4 13:48:01 UTC 2006

I've installed nut 2.0.2-0.fc3.2 on FC3 with an APC Backups RS 1500.
Everything was fairly straight forward but I have a few questions I'm
hoping someone could answer.

The nut web site says there's web monitoring, but I can't find any
information on how to set it up and I don't see any cgi files as part of
the package. I installed using yum, is there an additional package to
install?

Also, been reading through the docs on the shutdown process. It says to
add 'add upsdrvctl shutdown' to the shutdown scripts. Where exactly do I
do this at on fedora?

Outside of these questions my only concern is whether the PC is going to
shutdown and then turn back on when power is restored. Still have to
look at the BIOS settings. Related question, should acpi be enabled or
disabled in the BIOS?

Thanks,
James