OT: ht://Dig

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri May 5 15:23:38 UTC 2006

On Fri, 05 May 2006 10:48:36 -0400
CodeHeads <kingcobra at code-heads.com> opined:

> On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:12:35 -0400
> David Cary Hart <Fedora at TQMcube.com> wrote:
>
> > FWIW, Extras did a great job packaging htdig/htdig-web. Install
> > both.
> >
> > In point of fact, the documents make this seem considerably more
> > complex than it really is.
> >
> > Creating a site search function took just a few minutes including
> > a custom search form. There are a couple of things that need to be
> > entered in the conf file (like email address and starting URL).
> > Run rundig and then cron it - and that's it.
> >

> David,
> Sorry, I never messed with ht://Dig, does this search only html
> files or can search dynamic pages?

Our entire site is PHP, some with dynamic content. It seems to get
the content from the dynamic pages. I'm not sure if it is picking up
the dynamic elements. For example:

	http://tqmcube.com/hotmail.php has;
	"Unique Hotmail IPs that have originated spam
	sent to our server (in real time): 547"

If I search on "Hotmail," I get the page. If I search on "547," I get
nothing. I don't know if that's a problem with searching for a number
or not picking up the dynamic content. I am not using any of the
of the box."

Does this properly answer your question?
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php