A FC6 suggestion.

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:04:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 11:25, Mauriat Miranda wrote:

> > I would like to make the suggestion that the Default Label be more
> > descriptive. The author suggests something like FC%32ROOT.
>
> I question if this necessary. You can have entries in fstab with or
> without labels. I've had 3 single Fedora installations on single drive
> across multiple partitions and never have run into a problem in the
> installer or usage nor have I had to manually edit fstab for this. I
> think in Anaconda the labels will start shifting to /1, /2, /home1
> etc. Since at runtime you don't deal with partition labels, just their
> mount points, it really is not a serious concern.

Assume you are in the IT dept for some group and you are used
to being able to re-use disks in different machines and to
recover data from any disk by installing/mounting in any working
machine.  Now you find that any combination of disks from
default fedora/RH/Centos installs won't boot...  It is a
problem.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com