A FC6 suggestion.

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 20:39:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:31, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > If I recall, anaconda allows you to specify the label as well. At least
> > I think it use to. Using the mount point for the label only happens by
> > default when another partition does not already have that label.
> >
> I can't remeber that hte label can be specified separate from the mount
> point. But maybe it can be in FC5. I will be installing FC5 again next
> week so I will check that.
>
> BUt I wasn't trying to start an argument . I just asked on what list
> coulod this question be raised. If it shot down it will be shot down.

Another bug that I thought was supposed to be fixed but still seems
to be there is that if you try to set up raid partitions
manually in disk druid they are re-arranged before being
created.  I always like to make raid1 partitions for
/boot swap and / in that order on the 1st 2 drives and
have had to use fdisk to create them so the positions stick.
I didn't have much time on the only RAID FC5 I've done so
far and when it looked like it was going to re-order to / swap /boot
I went back and used fdisk.  Has anyone else seen this?
Then the other annoying thing was that after fdisk'ing the
first drive I couldn't use the 'clone partition' option to
duplicate to the 2nd drive.  I got some kind of error message
about 'partition is not constrained to one drive', which of
course isn't really possible.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com