OT: Canadian Census 2006

Norm norm at workingtools.ca
Sat May 6 01:03:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:16 -0400, taharka wrote:

> How do,
>
> On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 11:43 -0700, Stephen Mirowski wrote:
> > taharka wrote:
> >

> > >FWIW, I'm able to access the site with Firefox version 1.5.0.3 for Linux
> > >by;
> > >
> > >1.) Using the extension, "User Agent Switcher 0.6.8" & setting it to
> > >    "Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)".
> > >
> > >2.) Setting "network.http.sendRefererHeader" to 0 (zero) in about:config
> > >    Note, the default setting is 2.
> > >
> > >3.) Enabling cookies/java script. I usually keep these two disabled ;-)
> > >
> > >As always, YMMV.
> > >
> > That's too much work for simple access to a gov't site.  esp. since the
> > certificates are
> > available for Windows Firefox and Linux Firefox.

The government of Canada does not seem to care that other browsers and
OS's are out there.
After my experience a few years ago efiling my taxes with revenue Canada
I will not use a Federal  Government web site, if for some reason your
configuration does not meet their preconceived  rules you are out of
luck.  I am still chasing a tax refund from 2002.
The simple solution in this case is use the paper process and any
question you don't think they really need to know the answer give them
any answer such to one question of how many bathrooms in my house. A
number like 95 works. About all you really need to give them is your
name and date of birth.