The new kernel 2.6.16-1.2111 - nice

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 7 00:55:22 UTC 2006

Paul Rolland wrote:
> Where can we find this kernel ? I've been running
> yum list updates
> and
> yum list kernel*
> and no mention for such a kernel, though I have a bunch a kernel-*-FC6,
> the only FC5 I have are 2054 and 2096 (which I'm running)
>
> Paul

Found it, and reset it for a 4 second delay in the bios, but its a
phoenixbios, hence dumber
than an ox.  You can set the clock, some passwords, and run tests on the
hard drive, select
the memory the ati video uses & not much else.

>> I also think that whenever yumex gets done, it may have installed the
>> gsynaptics package, so I check on that too.

Yes and no, before I can run that I need to set an env var in xorg.conf,
which I've not done yet.
Long day, might not get to it tonight...
--

Cheers, Gene