FC5 mp3 ripping

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 7 20:10:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 20:46 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
> It goes through the motions but the resulting files won't play on
> xmms.

I'm not familiar with the applications and RPMs you're using to encode
MP3s, but you might want to try the "file" command on the MP3s you've
just made.  It may help you diagnose what's going on as you tweak
settings, if it shows that you've not actually made an MP3, until you
find the tweak that does it.

For what it's worth, I've encoded music as ogg rather than MP3, but them
I'm not trying to play the files on hardware that can't handle oggs, as
many people are.

I read messages from the public lists.