Iptables not saving...

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon May 8 02:13:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 19:48:39 -0400,
  Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Use "service iptables save" to save the current rules for use on the next
> >reboot.
> >

> When I do that, after I reboot, I get this:
>
> [root at mars ~]# iptables -L
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Were the rules set up the way you wanted before running the service command?

Did it appear to work correctly? You should get output like the following:
Saving firewall rules to /etc/sysconfig/iptables:          [  OK  ]

Did /etc/sysconfig/iptables get updated?

Things that would cause problems are not running the command as root or
not having /sbin in your path when you run the command.