install of fc5 while running fc4?

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 18:58:55 UTC 2006

I have partitions reserved for two simultaneous fc releases.  That way, I
can try a new release and revert to the old release if I have a problem with
the new release.  For example, I have fc4 active on my computer and I can
still boot to fc3 on an alternate partition.  I'm about to blow away the fc3
partions and install fc5.  My question is, can I install fc5 to alternate
partitions while I'm running (and actively using fc4)?  Or if there isn't a
safe way to do that, is there an easy way to extract all of the RPMs into
the root partition of what will become the fc5 root partition so I can save
a few hours during the installation?

Thanks...

                  David