Initial NFS access very slow

Frank-Michael Fischer hotmifi at compuserve.de
Tue May 9 08:02:54 UTC 2006

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 09 May 2006 08:43:49 +0200
> Frank-Michael Fischer <hotmifi at compuserve.de> wrote:
>

>> Whenever I had such or similar problems the portmap service did not run
>> on the client machine. Maybe you could have a look at this little beast?
>>

> It's running.  I just checked to be absolutely sure.

Fire up any FTP server (if not done already), start a large transfer and
look at the timing there. How many hops are between server and client
(not physical but logical in terms of routing)? If there are any devices
between the two (logically) what are they and how are they configured?
What happens if you mount and use the server by IP address rather than
name? If by name, how is the name resolving done and where? ...

FMF

FMF