spambayes

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 9 13:11:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:58 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://software.newsforge.com/print.pl?sid=06/03/24/1728247
>
> Comments?  Alternatives?
>
> It looks very cool.  Are there any up-to-date rpm packages around anywhere?
> The only ones that I could find are substantially out-of-date.
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net
I used it more that a year ago and at that time it was designed mostly
for Windows use and the Linux part that implemented IMAP and POP did not
work properly. Since someone says they use it under Linux maybe it
improved.

But and no one asked it is based on a mistaken assumption that it is
useful to have mail identified in addition to spam and ham as unknown. I
don't think they call it unknown but that is the purpose. I can't go
into the whole argument but to me this tri-classification is not only
unnecessary but more trouble to deal with.

Whenever someone tells you to take their advice, you can be pretty sure
that they're not using it.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net