haldaemon won't start

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 9 13:31:33 UTC 2006

Josenildo Marques wrote:
> Hello !
> Haldaemon stopped working and I don't know what to do.
> # service haldaemon start
> Starting HAL daemon:                                       [FAILED]
>
> # chkconfig --list haldaemon
> haldaemon       0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
>

> Any help appreciated.
> TIA

I had a similar issue a few months ago.  I did everything and I seem to
remember that the issue was related to selinux.  I am trying to remember
through my foggy mind that I had to re-initialize selinux including
relabeling.

Try to disable selinux and see if it will start.

This was on FC4.

--
Robin Laing