fc5: install everything? - advice on sending suggestions

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue May 9 16:02:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 08:16 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >>
> > I have been trying to figure how to share a comment like yours on
> > another topic. I keep getting told to post a bug of the type Request for
> > Enhancement. This is supposed to be explained at the web site below.
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
> >
> > Or if it is feedback to developers then here is the advice:
> > See the section on feedback to developers in
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate. If its a straight forward
> > enhancement, file a RFE in bugzilla. Upstream projects bugzilla's are
> > preferrable for suggesting enhancements. If it requires discussion, you
> > might post to fedora-devel list
>
> The below bug went from 'NEW' to 'CLOSED' in under 20 minutes (closed by
> Paul Nasrat <pnasrat at redhat.com>, with no feedback what-so-ever other than
> that it duplicates bug 186007). In spite of 'FutureFeature' being put into
> Keywords.
>
> Craig? You said something about 'pissing in the wind', and how we should
> use Bugzilla instead of the maillist to get action? Care to comment? I
> seem to feel a bit of a warm wet breeze from the direction of Bugzilla,
> myself.
----
I think that you did well and now your voice is among the listed.

If and when someone wants to count how many people have voiced the same
opinion it's certainly possible. If enough people sound off on this
issue, they clearly would have to rethink the decision.

Whether the bugzilla entry is coded off as closed/notabug or how quickly
isn't important. What is important is to stand and be heard (and
counted). Quite clearly you are officially on record whereas simply
posting here is lost by the very next post that follows.

By the way, you could have added to the original closed bug instead of
starting a new one but either way is acceptable.

Craig