fc5: install everything?

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:50:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 07:22 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> > Any other suggestions for getting the developer's attention that won't
> > result in it just getting CLOSED as NOTABUG?
> >
> > It is un-useful to say 'use bugzilla' when the only response there is to
> > CLOSE it as NOTABUG.
> >

> It is practically useless to use Bugzilla for proposals like "Everything
> Installs without a "Reporter satisfied" type of feature where bugs can
> only be closed when the reporter is satisfied with the problem reported.
>
> Bugzilla does not have a customer satisfied feature. Therefore it is
> useless for this sort of request.
>
> Jim

Amen Jim!! Amen!! No one fixed the udev problem to my satisfaction and I
would like to see that the bug couldn't not be closed until my udev
fired up on boot. Otherwise, why bother? At the Friday 1pm Rah Rah
session, where the week's activities are commented on, someone can say
"I closed 20 bugs!" without fear of confrontation from the boss, since
he never comes into this "high traffic cluttered list" to see who is
zooming who. At least Mr Harald has not closed the udev bugzilla report,
so that's a good guy! :) Ric