fc5: install everything?

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Wed May 10 21:36:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:42:39PM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Installing "everything" for the purposes described in this thread will
> not have the same effect - you are going to have to have all of Extras
> to get that effect, because a lot of what you get when you "install
> everything" in older Fedora Core _is_ going bye bye out of Core anyway.

I think most people who object to the removal of the 'Everything' option
really just want a button who's action is to "install as much as is
realistically possible that is contained on the installation media", as a
shortcut to having to rummage around manually selecting lots of package
groups.

I for one have been very irritated by it's removal.

--
I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go
swimming.