Empty boot.log

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed May 10 23:22:38 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out a problem that I am having with my madwifi
> supported wifi card not loading properly. As a result, i noticed that
> all my boot.log files are empty. What could be causing this?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Arthur

dmesg is as good as it gets. someone decided to replace boot logging
with a better system and do away with logging to boot log. I cannot
recall what was supposed to replace the boot.log file
console=/var/log/boot.log ?

Jim

--
Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
hole in his head.