Dual head resolved (was Re: FC5: Dual head - second screen not working in X)

cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 01:10:05 UTC 2006

Good news.  I installed:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/5/i386/xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.5.8.0-1.i386.rpm

removed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and ran

system-config-display --reconfig

and I was up and running again.  The T30 built-in LCD does 1024x768 natively,
but the xorg.conf file it wrote only supported 800x600, but that's an easy
thing to fix by hand.

Note that I haven't tried to tweak the AGP speed or turn on acceleration or
anything like that, yet.

Following the advice described below didn't work for me at all.

John

--- cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad T30 which has a Radeon Mobility M7.  When I was using
> FC4, my dual-head setup worked very well.  With FC5, I have the same
> symptoms as described below.
>
> Is this still the best advice to get dual-head working again?   How
> successful has this been for people experiencing this issue?
>
> If anyone does have this working, I'd love to hear how you did it.  Any
> working xorg.conf files gladly accepted.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John

[...]
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f0d228ffb87b76