fc5: install everything?

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu May 11 02:36:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 15:53 +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:

> I know, fair enough, I'm just an old schooler who doesn't like change I
> guess.
>
> There must be an awful lot of old schoolers out here though - I'm not
> the only one voicing my concern.

I've been around since when, but as a user not a developer... I bought
the earliest RedHat, then the first Caldera at around $75 bucks. I ran
an 8 line BBS in those days. So, I have some claim to ancientude and my
two cents is that I usually installed everything by hitting that button
to do so. Every lib got installed, so that I had a reasonable chance to
build some tarball that I wanted built.

I've tried the server install and missed stuff. I've tried client /
workstation and missed stuff not getting installed. So, hitting 'install
everything', going off for a smoke, a beer and a skirt was good for me.
Now, I'm not supposed to smoke or drink and skirts are almost impossible
to find (and politically incorrect), so just leave me with my 'install
everything' button and I'll make the most of it. Or, is THAT too, just
asking too much? :) Ric