Good Bye FC5

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu May 11 11:46:45 UTC 2006

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:02 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I have had it. There are just too many new ways to do things and
>> lots of Gnome changes and I'm about fed up. It's back to dear old FC4
>> where it all works well. I hope they fix the problems in FC5 for FC6
>> when it emerges.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> Beside ranting in the ML, what have -you- done to improve things?
>
> Gilboa

    I'm not a programmer, I don't know exactly what is wrong and I'm a
70 year old Electrical Engineer. I did not study computer engineering
because there were no computers then.

    I upgraded to FC5 because it was claimed that it is better. But some
of my best "legacy" software in X-windows looks diffirent and does not
work well. I have written the person who wrote the software and he is
not interested in fixing the problem. It all works fine in FC4.

Karl