Installation Philosophy

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 12 00:01:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:56, tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:

> I guess a different way to ask the point is "Is it worth the developer's
> time and resources to build an installation wizard to accomplish an
> arbitrary install pattern as "yum install" before starting to install any
> software?"

Fedora traditionally doesn't do respins so it's too late for
FC5 to change anything in the installer and I think the
expectation is that in later versions much more will be
moved out of the core distro and into the extras repository.
That means the yum approach will be the only way to go.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com