OT: Canadian Census 2006 [solved?]

Stephen Mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Sat May 13 20:57:42 UTC 2006

taharka wrote:
> FWIW, I'm able to access the site with Firefox version 1.5.0.3 for Linux
> by;
>
> 1.) Using the extension, "User Agent Switcher 0.6.8" & setting it to
>     "Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)".
>
> 2.) Setting "network.http.sendRefererHeader" to 0 (zero) in about:config
>     Note, the default setting is 2.
>
> 3.) Enabling cookies/java script. I usually keep these two disabled ;-)
>
> As always, YMMV
Interesting new development.  I am now able to use Linux/Firefox to get
into the Census. Without hacking the browser to do it.  Currently doing,
will finish the email after I am done to tell you how it turned out.

- If you get the "unresponsive script," just click continue.

The comments text area is limited.  On paper I would have written
smaller to get more in.  I ended up using symbols "&" and dropping some
apostrophes.  I didn't get to say all, but I ended saying Support Linux pls!

What was different about my setup from last time.

- First attempt: FC5, FC5 based Firefox/Seamonkey/Mozilla and official
Opera, official Java
- This attempt: FC4 and official Firefox, official Java

Did my email to my MP (who is running in the leadership race for the
Liberals) make the difference?  Maybe they got a lot of phone calls? Or
was it that I was using an official build of Firefox instead of a distro
compiled RPM?

Well, for anyone who hasn't submitted their paper media and wants to
give it a try, I would greatly appreciate feedback on your adventures.

Tomorrow, or the next day I will send and update to my MP and let her
know of the status change.

Thanks,

Stephen Mirowski