evolution & digital signatures

G Rajesh ganesanrajesh at gmail.com
Sun May 14 10:21:50 UTC 2006

Hello,
I recently got Digital Signature/Certificate from
https://tcs-ca.tcs.co.in. I followed their instruction for downloading
the key in windows internet explorer and taking backup of the same
in .pfx format. Now, I want to use the same in our evolution. How to do
it?
I imported the same into evolution at
Edit>Preferences>Certificates>Yours and added the same for S/MIME at
Edit>Preferences>Mailaccounts>Security. Still I cannot sign and I get
the following error:
Because "Cannot add SMIMEEncKeyPrefs attribute", you may need to select
different mail options.
Where do I go wrong? Is it not possible to use the certificate in linux
since it was generated in windows? BTW, I could use the same in outlook
express - no problems.
Please help. Thanks in advance.
Rajesh