Cisco VPN client does not work on FC4

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun May 14 11:33:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 09:39 -0700, yukku yukkoooooo wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> Paul Howarth wrote :
> > The memory checks are present in FC4 but disabled by default. It
> > appears
> > that they have somehow been enabled on your system. This should fix it:
> > # setsebool -P allow_execmod 1
>
> I gave this command and it still does not work with
> SELinux. So digged a littlebit and gave the command
> # getsebool -a | less
> and I got a long output of which I took the ones that might
> make sense to you -
> allow_execmem --> active
> allow_execmod --> active
> allow_execstack --> active
> allow_kerberos --> active
> allow_write_xshm --> active
> allow_ypbind --> active
>
> Let me know if you want the whole big list !
> Then I tried enabling the others explicitly anyway and
> it still does not work.

There's something very weird going on there. allow_execmod should do
what it says. I'd try asking about this on fedora-selinux-list, and be
sure to specify that you're using FC4, the exact versions of the
selinux-policy-targeted package you're using, the output of "sestatus",
and some sample "avc:  denial" messages from your log file.

Paul.