Forcing a disk eject

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Mon May 15 14:22:59 UTC 2006

On 5/12/06, wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello Styma,
>

> On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:13:46 -0700 "Styma, Robert E (Robert)" <stymar at lucent.com> wrote:
>
> > You can use the "lsof" command (list open files) and search for
> > the process which has something in the DVD mounted.
>
> `fuser` sometimes helps, too.

Specifically running 'fuser -m' on the DVD's mount point.  If you do
not use the -m argument, fuser is likely to return nothing.  The -m
tells fuser to report any processes that have anything on the given
mountpoint open or set to their cwd (current working directory).

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."