iptable in fc5

T. Horsnell tsh at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 15 22:56:38 UTC 2006

>On 5/15/06, T. Horsnell <tsh at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I think by default NFS will be using UDP not TCP.
>> Maybe try changing '-p tcp' to '-p udp'
>
>I was under the impression that NFSv4 uses TCP while versions 3 and
>prior use UDP (by default).  Is this not the case?  Doesn't Fedora use
>NFSv4?  Or is compatibility with NFSv3 provided when configured with
>defaults?

The man pages for nfs in FC4 list udp as the default protocol for nfsv4:

       proto=n        Mount the NFS filesystem using a specific network proto-
                      col instead of the default UDP protocol.  Many NFS  ver-
                      sion  4  servers only support TCP.  Valid protocol types
                      are udp and tcp.

and for v2/3:

       tcp            Mount the NFS filesystem using the TCP protocol  instead
                      of the default UDP protocol.  Many NFS servers only sup-
                      port UDP.

       udp            Mount the NFS filesystem using the UDP  protocol.   This
                      is the default.

Cheers,
T.