Good Bye FC5

Russell Golden dragonite.wylie at verizon.net
Tue May 16 02:03:24 UTC 2006

Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 21:10 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
>

>>On 5/12/06, Lauri <lauri at ruja.ee> wrote:
>>

>>>The optional session saving is also missing (tick to save the session
>>>when logging out).
>>>

>>Yes, so it is. I just checked my session preferences and sure enough
>>it is ticked to ask me on log-out, but I don't get asked...
>>
>>I am all for making things simple, but like many feel a lot has gone
>>to far in fc5 and the latest gnome...
>>
>>If I wask the session manager to check when I log out if I want to
>>save the session then I think it's fair to say I know what tha means
>>and I should be given the choice.  Simply ignoting a users preference
>>is wrong, why give us the choice if yuo already know we don't want to
>>save the session?
>>

>This is alot of the reason why I prefer KDE.
>
>LX

The changes in GNOME and Nautilus are the main reasons why I'm sticking
with Shrike. I think it's the newer GNOME and Nautilus releases, but the
ones that come with Fedora just completely alienated me.
While we're on this subject, is there a way on the newer Nautilus to
keep everything in one window like the older Shrike versions and not
open a new window for each folder?

Russell Golden