Problem with wireless setup

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 17 13:32:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 17:19 -0500, sklein at cpcug.org wrote:
> When I try to set up my wireless, the application freezes when I try to
> select the wireless mode.  This happens mainly with the Network menu item
> under Administration under System.  How can I set the wireless mode
> without crashing?
>
> (BTW, what happened to right clicking a menu item to find out what command
> it launches?)
>

> Stan Klein

I would suggest that you stop the injitscript network and start the
initscripts NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispatcher. Then use the
nm-applet that should appear in the upper right panel to choose a
wireless access point to attach to. If the icon for the nm-applet does
not appear you can start nm-applet by creting a panel launch item to
launch it.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>