fc5 gdb error: Corrupted DWARF expression.

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 20:04:15 UTC 2006

I upgraded to fc5 and I'm trying to debug an application that was compiled
with the fc5 gcc using the fc5 gdb.  When I try to print certain structures,
I get the error:

234       switch (e->sig) {
(gdb) print e
dwarf2_read_address: Corrupted DWARF expression.

I think it's a gcc problem, because I don't get the error when I use the fc5
gdb with an fc3-compiled version of the same application.  Has anybody else
seen this?  Is this a gcc bug?

        David