fc5 hangs

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 20:17:36 UTC 2006

Two days in a row my fc5 computer has frozen soon after I start using it in
the morning.  The screen wakes up from screensaver mode when I move the
mouse and I'm able to do a few things like change the viewport... then the
screen goes blank and all I can see is the outline of the mouse pointer
which is no longer responsive to mouse motion.  The keyboard is unresponsive
to control-alt-backspace and control-alt-delete and caps lock and num lock
fail to change the keyboard lights.  How do I attempt to identify the
problem in a case like this?  I think I might have clicked on an evolution
send/receive button soon before both crashes, so my only guess right now is
an evolution problem.

             David