yum mirrors not in sync

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:41:28 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 19:17, Tony Nelson wrote:
> >> But, your response suggests that my question was overly narrow.  Apparantly
> >> smart doesn't use the repo mirrors.  Les, are you even using yum at all?
> >
> >Yes, but...  I've installed from the k12ltp distribution which
> >adds its own repository.  It does use the fedora core/extra
> >repositories with what I think is the standard mirrorlist.
> >It has had some problems but seems to be working now.
>
> Hmm.  Well, anyway, I expect that k12ltp uses fedora updates as well, which
> might explain "some problems", but only your yum.conf knows for sure.

Yes, it has:
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-extras-$releasever
enabled=1
and everything seems OK now.  However, one of the reasons I install
from k12ltsp instead a stock fedora is that updates available
at the time the isos are built are rolled in so there might be a
difference in what needs to be updated.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com