Q re networking, might need guru

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:35:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 07:31, Gene Heskett wrote:

> And I did have yumex search for etherape, but it came up empty.  I
> needed a network analyzer that worked, and now I have nothing but
> tcpdump and tethereal, neither of which shows me what I need to know.

tethereal?  If you 'yum install ethereal-gnome' you should get
the GUI ethereal which is pretty nice to use.  Give it an
expression like you would with tcpdump to limit the capture
to what you want to see.  Or you can use tcpdump -w and
an appropriate -s snaplength to capture to a file, then
analyze it with ethereal, even on a different machine.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com