Yum Install

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:12:04 UTC 2006

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    I have had real success with yum install when told what to get. I
> want to install Adobe Acrobat and my previous method was to go get it
> from the Adobe web page.
>
>    But I'm not at all certain it is available from yum. If it is, what
> is key word to use? Now where do you find these key words? I have been
> not having luck with yum if I try to guess the right key word.
>

> Karl

You can get it from Dries, or you can just get the RPM from the Adobe
web page. There should be no real difference. With the one from the
webpage, you can yum localinstall it (might get GPG errors though) or
just rpm -Uvh it. See fedorafaq.org for the cp line to put the browser
plugin in the right place for mozilla/firefox.
-Dan