few more queries

G Rajesh ganesanrajesh at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:54:07 UTC 2006

Dear All,
Though I have been a long time user of kde/suse, I really find
gnome(with nuvola theme) on fc5 irresistible to change. Finally, this is
the only distribution other than suse, I have been continuously using
for 2 months, with no intention of going back. Well, this was achieved
after series of help by the members of this forum. Let me thank you all
and the developers of fedora.
I need few more help from you all. After this, I think that I will have
pretty good and decent desktop to my wish.
1. Presently, scim has the turn on and tigger key as ctrl+space, I tried
to change it to super+space and setting winkeys to super in
system>perferences>keyboard. The key does not work for me. Can the scim
keys be changed? or is not my allocating win keys to super does not
work? How to find out or solve it? My key board is correctly detected as
105 keys one. I want to change this because I do not want to miss the
selection of rows/columns in OO.oCalc with shift/ctrl+space. For an
accountant like me, it is really useful.
2. I really like nuvola theme - pretty good icons! I want to change the
icons of .ods and .odt to that used for .doc and .xls - they seem really
prettier. How to assign them. I right clicked one .ods file and changed
the icon but others did not change. How to make this change universal
(for my login alone) and permanent?
3. Atlast digital signature works for me in evolution. Well, how to sign
OO.o docs. File>digital signature says mozilla user profile does not
exist. I have firefox installed and I tried to set the environment
variable in ~/. bash_profile as export
MOZILLA_CERTIFICATE_FOLDER=~./mozilla/firefox/<name>. Even this does not
seem to work. Any ideas?
4. I have configured NFS successfully. Only problem is that I can access
to the server file only as root, but not as user. This problem never
arose in suse. My client mounts the file system as follows
secondary:/home		/net		nfs	rw,soft		0 0
and server also exports with rw permission. How to do this? I have both
selinux and firewall disabled (since my server does not directly connect
to internet).
I intend to collect all the help received during these two months and
send it to the maintainer of fedorafaq.org so that he may include them
(if found worthy) for the benefit of new converts to linux/fedora. Hope
every things goes fine. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Rajesh