FC4 And Dlink DWL-G630 WiFi card, A Complete NO-GO

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 01:43:41 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 19:52 +0200, Tomas Larsson wrote:

> > Uhm, did you rebuild the kernel for the large stacks?  Both
> > the module and the kernel must be built with large
> > stacks...you can't mix them.
> >

> Yes, I did. I downloaded the new 16k kernel-devel and rebuild the module(s).

Kernel-devel by itself is not sufficient, you need the entire kernel
source to rebuild the kernel.  Kernel-devel is targeted towards
rebuilding modules without actually having to have the entire source
tree available.

I tried suggesting this before, I'll try it again.  There is a place you
can go to get both the ndiswrapper package and a matching kernel that's
precompiled for fedora.  It's offered as a 30 day trial without paying,
for you to decide if it works for you or not.  Go to the following link:

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/

And get both their version of the ndiswrapper, plus a kernel to go with
it, that has the 16 stacks already compiled in.  The cool thing about
all this is that they can give you support.

I think they charge something like 19 bucks for these services at the
end of the trial period, if you decide everything's working.  Since the
winblows drivers provide full functionality, if the ndiswrapper from
linuxant works, then it really completely works.  Full Super G, all
encryptions, everything.  So it's a worthwile cause, especially if they
are supplying support to you to get this done.

LX
--
Kites rise highest against the wind -- not with it.