FC4 And Dlink DWL-G630 WiFi card, A Complete NO-GO

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat May 20 18:03:52 UTC 2006

bruce wrote:
> Thanks for the info on Linuxant..
>
> However, I was looking for someone who'd say, I'll ship you the wireless card, and give me access to the appropriate software with instructions... a simple package of cards/software would make the whole process simple. which is what it's going to need to be if you're going to have wireless Linux be used by more than the bleeding edge techs!!
>
> -bruce

You might find something like the Linksys  "Wireless Ethernet Bridge
[wet54g]" such as I am using on this FC5  box easier to use.  Simply
plug it in to your ethernet port and point your browser to 192.168.1.226
to set it up in theory anyway.  If that doesn't work you can set it up
with the CD provided from Windows if available.  I set it up on an XP
computer and then plugged it in here where it works faultlessly.

Linksys tech support is ok but difficult unless you are fluent in the
language spoken in New Delhi, I am not!  But then the ethernet bridge
worked without help from them, I gave up on their router.

Bob Goodwin