FC4 - Evolution 2.2 - Gmail

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat May 20 18:24:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 12:49, Alastair McKinley wrote:

> I just got a Gmail account and I would like to use it from within
> Evolution 2.2 alongside my university IMAP account.
>
> I can get it to work ok with POP, however all the messages get
> downloaded into the "On this computer" folder rather than into a
> seperate account folder.  Anyone know how to create a new folder in
> evolution 2.2 for my gmail account?

Pop mail really is 'on this computer' because it is
downloaded from the server.  (Of course you can set it
to leave a copy on the server, and with gmail you can
also configure the server to archive when download so
you have a searchable archive but it's out of your
inbox).  If you want it in a different evolution folder
set up a filter to move it based on the source account.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com