FC4 - Evolution 2.2 - Gmail

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat May 20 21:52:21 UTC 2006

Alastair McKinley wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just got a Gmail account and I would like to use it from within
> Evolution 2.2 alongside my university IMAP account.
>
> I can get it to work ok with POP, however all the messages get
> downloaded into the "On this computer" folder rather than into a
> seperate account folder.  Anyone know how to create a new folder in
> evolution 2.2 for my gmail account?
>
> Best regards and thanks,
>
> Alastair
    Hi I don't know how to use Evolution and I use Thunderbird also for
Linux, and I just pop the gmail to the normal account and then I use a
filter that puts it in the directory gmail off of my inbox. It works
fine. I have not figured out how to use my gmail address for outgoing
mail from Thunderbird. But it should be possible on both clients I think.

Karl