evolution contacts after upgrade from FC4 to FC5 not synced?

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun May 21 05:30:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 13:24 +0200, Henry Ritzlmayr wrote:

> After an Upgrade from FC4 to FC5 evolution shows an odd behavior when
> adding new contacts. If someone adds a new contact in the private
> contact list (didn´t try others - may be the same there) it is added
> just fine but it is not shown within an auto-fill when writing a new
> mail. Someone has to close evolution and restart it again so that
> auto-fill recons the new contact.
>
> Anybody seen this?

Yep! Sure have. I've had evo completely shut down on me, then the
bugtracker kicks in, claiming it will tell the world for me what went
wrong.  Well, I hit the 'next' box, and it goes through a series of
gyrations and my hard drive whirrs for a bit, and then the next screens
says to pick my application from the list! (?) WTF? It just arose from
the ashes of Evolution, and it doesn't know that? It tracked (it says)
the traces, but doesn't know what program it is traceing, then it tells
me after I pick Evolution from the list, that bugtracker doesn't 'know'
the program. Is that in the Biblical sense? Do I introduce them? Or do I
let bugtracker spin the bottle some more? <eg> What a deal. It's got
<EVOLUTION> on the pick-from list, yet it doesn't 'know it'.

<swoon>

Life is So good, Ric