Cant find /sr/local/openssl/lib

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun May 21 12:00:47 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 16:09 +0200, Tomas Larsson wrote:
> I'm trying to build wpa_supplicant on FC4.
> However I cant find a couple of libs:
>
> It wants openssl, in the config-file it is supposed to be in the following
> folders:
> /usr/openssl/include
> /usr/local/openssl/lib
>
> Since this is FEDORA, they obviously are somewhere else.
> I think I found the first one in /usr/include/openssl, but I cant find the
> second one.
> So, am I correct with the location of the first one, and where do I find the
> second one?

You should be able to the information you need using pkg-config:

$ pkg-config openssl --libs-only-L
-L/usr/kerberos/lib

So the only additional library directory you should need is that one, as
the main openssl libs are in a standard library directory, /usr/lib.

You might also consider trying to rebuild the FC5 wpa_supplicant SRPM on
your FC4 box.

Paul.