"isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry" when booting Fedora Core 5 installation DVD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 21 14:33:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 13:22 +0300, Ian Brown wrote:
> I did not mention it, but I used growisofs according to what I saw on
> the web, on fedora RELNOTES thread:
> see:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-relnotes-content/2006-March/msg00052.html

Did you read through the bugzilla link referred to on that page, and are
you using the same versions of burning software that gets listed as
having problems?  Can you try burning from updated versions?

The other thing that spring to mind is at what stage do you get the
error message?  If it's begun booting from the disc, and you're up to
the point of choosing what to do, perhaps different parameters might be
needed to change the DMA mode used with your DVD drive.

I read messages from the public lists.