SV: New mail list for package announcements.

Steen Bronee stbr99 at yahoo.dk
Sun May 21 17:38:49 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> skrev: As we continue to integrate Fedora subprojects into the main Fedora
infrastructure, the need for a common point of package update
information became clear.  At the same time, it became clear that
fedora-announce was not the proper place for this.  To resolve these
issues, we've created 'fedora-package-announce at redhat.com' email list.
This list will serve as an announcement point for package announcements
for potentially all Fedora sub-projects.  If you would like to receive
announcements of package updates, you will need to subscribe to this
list:

Because this list can be used by many subprojects, we will be setting up
filters that can be used to allow users to only get announcements they
care about.  Currently we have filters setup for Fedora Core 3, 4, and 5
package announcements.  These announcements are the only ones that will
currently be sent to this list, however Fedora Extras and Fedora Legacy
could begin sending soon, and we will setup filters for their
announcements as well.  When you first subscribe, you will receive all
announcements made.  You can use the membership configuration screen to
adjust what announcements you wish to get.  These options are near the
bottom of the configuration list.

As some package announcements have already gone to this list, please
check the archives if you think you've missed something.  The archives
can be found here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/

fedora-announce-list will continue to be used for important
announcements regarding the Fedora project, such as Core releases and
test releases, Fedora News updates, messages from Max and the board,
etc...  It will just no longer get package update mails.

We're sorry for the inconvenience of having users subscribe on their
own, but mass subscribing users to a list without their explicit consent
could be considered spam.  This is obviously something we would rather
not do.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora