beagle not updating data

Sean Carlos sean.carlos at gmail.com
Sun May 21 20:38:06 UTC 2006

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> Hi,  I noticed when searching for something that a conversation I had
> in Gaim last night should have turned up, but it did not.
>
> Testing buy searching for recent email it appears to have stoped
> updating it's database 4 days ago.  beagld is running, so any clues as
> to what has happened?

In general, check your logs under ~/.beagle/Log to see if there is
anything interesting.

You should also enable extended attributes (tells beagle when a file
changes so beagle knows to reindex it) if you have not already done so.
  Info here:

http://www.antezeta.com/beagle-fedora.html#attributes

Finally, it is almost always wise to use the latest beagle / libbeagle /
mono updates.

If you don't have a lot of data, you could stop beagle, remove the
.beagle directory (contains indexes, configuration and logs), and
restart beagled.  (You may want to back-up your configuration file if
you have personalized it).

- Sean Carlos