FC5 and Creative Vibra16c ISAPNP card

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon May 22 05:04:02 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 23:09 +0200, Samuel Díaz García wrote:

> Anybody have a FC5 with a Creative Vibra16C sound card?
>
> My problem is that "sound card detection" show me it detects the
> card,
> but no sound is listen by me and the gnome-volume icon don't appears
> link with the card.

This might sound crazy, but have you checked to be sure that the speaker
are plugged in correctly and that they are turned on, if they are
powered? If sound-check finds your card, you should be 99% there. If
your speakers do not have a power cord, then they are to be plugged into
speaker-out. If they do have a power cord then the speakers would be
plugged into sound-out or stereo out or audio out, whichever term your
soundcard uses. Of course, make sure they are turned on. With it
detected, it should be responding.