Festival - french support or alternative

Serge serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:59:32 UTC 2006

Cédric MARCOUX (sprimont) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to find how to implement french support in Festival text to
> speech software.
>
> If it's not possible, does someone know an alternative???
>
> Regards

It should be possible but it would take quite a bit of work I am sure
(done any scheme coding lately?) for that the best is to check on the
festival website if there is a mailing list.

Otherwise have a look at
http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola/mbrtts.html there are a couple
of TTS systems that can produce output (phonemes) that can be used with
  MBROLA. It would be good to check them all as some are less mature
than others.

Serge