Mailing list software

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Mon May 22 12:32:04 UTC 2006

Paul Dwerryhouse wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 05:43:44AM -0400, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
>> Is there a consensus on what mailing list software to use on Fedora?
>> Left to my own devices I would probably use MajorDomo but figured it
>> was worth asking if a another choice might be better.

If you have Extras amongst your configured repos, there's also mlmmj or
enemies-of-carlotta, both of which are available for FC3-rawhide and
quite usable (disclaimer: I am the package maintainer and a happy user
of mlmmj. It does have some web-interface functionality, which I've
added in the documentation/contrib sections)

>> A web interface would be nice.
>
> Mailman is probably the most logical choice; it is part of Core, thus is
> supported with security updates. It has a web interface, too.

See also: http://www.jwz.org/doc/mailman.html :-) It does raise some
interesting points to consider before leaping head first into it.

> Cheers,
>
> Paul

Michael Fleming

--
This is not a .signature, nor is it McQ compliant.