ntpq no longer working -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 22 16:44:04 UTC 2006

Tim:
>> I suppose there's a few things that could be throwing a spanner in the
>> works (SELinux, DNS resolution, network routing).

Bob Goodwin:
> Selinux is off, I have used numerical addresses, network routing?

Thinking of a different sort of error, that may be a red herring.  But
routing being important for networking when you have more than one
interface (i.e. which one does what traffic go through in which
circumstances).

>> Something that I've seen mentioned regarding other problems, at least,
>> is NTP running more than once.  I don't know how or why that happens,
>> but I've seen it happen here, and odd things happen because of it

> Ed Greshko asked -
> service ntpd status
> ntpd (pid 18799) is running...
>
> I forgot to provide that in the last message.

Check the process IDs for yourself (e.g. use "top", or something else).
I don't recall the "service ntpd status" message showing NTP running
more than once for me, but it was.  Nor do I know why.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.