Warning light on Fedora System

WGregory wgregory at cox.net
Mon May 22 18:42:28 UTC 2006

Thanks to the list, I am now able to play an audio sound and recording
from my Fedora 5 box to warn out our night crew of a problem (play
[filename].wav/ogg).  I also would like to connect a warning light or
strobe to the system to provide visual warning.  In addition to lan,  I
have serial and usb ports available on my system.

Does anyone know of such a product?  And how to trigger it to alert from
Fedora?  Needless to say, also need way to turn if off from the Fedora.