ntpq no longer working -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 22 19:32:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 15:10 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Removing the "box1" alias from the first line results in a very slow
> reboot of the system, it stalls on "sendmail" and "sm-client" for
> something on the order of a minute on each one, adding "box1" reduces
> the entire boot process to what seems like less than a minute on this
> old computer.

Set your hostname to one of the names you've got entered in your hosts
file, one that's appropriate to your box, and one that's a fixed address
(i.e. one that can't be dynamically changed by a DHCP server).

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.